Chemical Health Risk Assessment (CHRA)
The main purpose of the assessment were to assess the health risk from chemicals at the location and to establish a baseline information while the specific objectives are as follows:
1. To identify all possible chemical health hazards at the workplace.
2. To identify jobs and tasks with potential exposure to chemical health hazards.
3. To review and assess the effectiveness of existing control measures.
4. To assess the risk to health from exposure to chemical hazards identified.
5. To recommend suitable measures for unacceptable risk.
It was also meant for compliance with Regulation 9 of the Occupational Safety and Health (Use and Standards of Exposure of Chemicals Hazardous to Health) Regulations 2000 (USECHH 2000).
CHEMICAL HEALTH RISK ASSESSMENT-CHRA